Black Diamond Productions

Question for today – Should you take photos while driving?

Question for today – Should you take photos while driving?

Google+: Reshared 1 times
Google+: View post on Google+

20 comments

20 Comments so far

1. Gene Bowker March 22nd, 2012 7:42 pm

umm.. no. nor text.. not check your facebook / G+ status etc.. =)

2. Olav Folland March 22nd, 2012 7:46 pm

You shouldn't do anything that distracts you from the road.

3. Maria Stepanov Sommerfield March 22nd, 2012 7:47 pm

NO! No! and NO! Driving is dangerous, why risk someone elses life even if you don't care about your own.

4. Lynda Bowyer March 22nd, 2012 7:48 pm

Absolutely not. Both hands on the wheel.

5. Scott Dillingham March 22nd, 2012 7:51 pm

Some things are painfully obvious.

6. Lynda Bowyer March 22nd, 2012 7:54 pm

Not to some of the eejits on our UK roads +Scott Dillingham. It has been illegal to use a mobile device at the wheel since December 2003 and yet there are still way too many horrendous deaths and serious collisions on the roads today due to people using the phone whilst driving. Makes me seethe with rage when I see people using their mobile phones to call, browse the net, text and whatever else whilst driving. Even when in a traffic queue the phone should remain off.

7. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:07 pm

Get a Go Pro and shoot away :)

8. Brent Burzycki March 22nd, 2012 8:08 pm

I have seen it all – Eating is the worst – yet no one cares… Makeup – shaving – reading a fully opened newspaper – Reading a novel – painting your toe nails…phones, TV etc…

I had a girl sideswipe my truck because she was looking for CD's – my truck was parked on a huge two lane road….

I assume the person above was distracted by me taking the photo… ok – not really…but this one caused a 15 mile backup

9. Brent Burzycki March 22nd, 2012 8:08 pm

+Matt Hart I tried that – battery runs out way too fast….

10. Steve Boyko March 22nd, 2012 8:09 pm

Definitely not… but it's not illegal in my province to use a camera. It is illegal to use a device that can be used as a phone, so no iPhone camera shots. Personally I would not take photos as a driver, way too dangerous.

11. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:12 pm

+Brent Burzycki Do they not do a direst supply from the vehicle ?

12. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:14 pm

+Brent Burzycki Can I power the HD HERO camera through an external power source?
    Yes, when you have the HD HERO camera connected via the USB cable to a USB power adapter (not the computer), you will be able to simultaneously record video or pictures and charge the battery. We will also be releasing a skeleton housing for the HD HERO camera to allow access to the camera’s USB and AV ports while mounted.

13. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:14 pm
  14. Peter Kollek March 22nd, 2012 8:18 pm

Not, but there are some risky exceptions,

15. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:19 pm

I used to ride a motorcycle over 80 miles round trip to work every day for 2 years, people treat their cars and an extension of there homes ! Shaving,eating, reading books !! I kid you not as +Brent Burzycki says you would not believe it, they are half asleep in the morning shaving and then reading books, and now i pads its a joke ! Probably why I was knocked off my bike and had my back broken !! They guy had something to hide, as he left me for dead and drove off on a busy road.

16. Andrew Seymour March 22nd, 2012 8:25 pm

Once saw a women breast feeding at 80 mph… I almost drove off the road!

17. Matt Hart March 22nd, 2012 8:44 pm

+Andrew Seymour What can I say the kid liked milk shake !

18. Brent Burzycki March 23rd, 2012 3:09 am

+Matt Hart FYI – the issue with power to the gopro is just setup mainly.. and sadly there is not a remote trigger that I know of… I would love to mount it outside for a better view – then be able to trigger it with a remote or button in the vehicle – while maintaining 12 constant power and have it still in the weatherproof case…

19. Brian Evans March 23rd, 2012 3:38 am

How about some hypocrisy? It seems as though the police aren't exempt from texting and dying:
    The sad fact of life is that we share the road with the careless and indifferent. The only thing we the responsible can do is drive defensively and hope for the best.

20. Brent Burzycki March 23rd, 2012 3:58 am

Law enforcement is exempt in many cases….sadly not exempt from dying….